Saturday, August 16, 2008

Autism Auction

Lsat night, we had a Charity Auction for the Friends of Giant Steps. (Giants Steps is one of the coolest preschools out there, Just FYI.) Greg Wrubell, the voice of the cougars, was the host of this amazing event.

One of the auctioning items was "lunch with Greg Wrubell." Well, there wasn't a lot of people bidding, and it wasn't going as high as we wanted. There was one gentleman who seemed very eager to bid for this item though, but without competition, he was going too good of a deal! So I decided, hey, why not start out bidding this guy so that I can spike the bid higher! We went from $50 to $150 very quickly. Well, everything was going great until the other bidder decided it was too rich for his blood. Sooooo, guess who's going to lunch with Greg Wrubell for $155! ME! I'm actually really excited. The money went to a worthy cause, for sure.

Later on I found out that the gentleman bidding for it was my good friend's dad! oppssss...sorry annie!

Anyway, look forward to reading a post about my lunch with Greg. I'm sure I'll have a great time talking to him about...autism.

(Ok, and maybe a little football too!!! GO COUGARS!)

PS...anyone wanting to go with me, let me know. I can bring a friend...I'm going to start the bidding at $155. :)

1 comment:

Annie Campbell said...

My dad was pretty disappointed that he didn't win. WAY TO GO BRE! ;)
He is going to get a lunch with Greg but for $100 and he has to pay for the lunch. Thanks so much for coming and helping and BIDDING! We raised a total of $4269! Way better than I thought. We are already planning next year. Ü