Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Quote of the Day

Mark briefly stopped by my classroom today to swap cars and was immediately approached by one of my curious kids. We had the following conversation:

Student: "Who's dad are you?"
Mark: "uh, I'm not a dad"
Me: "He's here to visit me. This is Mr. Ahrens, the man I'm going to marry."
Student (Obviously a little confused): "You're going to marry your dad?!?!"

Later Mark came back to swap cars back (long story), and the same sweet student had more questions:

Student: "Why is Miss Bell going to marry you?"
Mark: "Well, because she likes me."
Me: "Yeah, actually I love him!"
Student: "Really? huh...."

Gotta love my job!

3 comments:

More Bacon said...

I'm glad you're not marrying your dad, really. That'd be weird.

Erin said...

hahahaha thats great. My mom comes home with the greatest stories too. Its so funny what they come up with sometimes :P

Annie Campbell said...

I hope Mark really likes strange conversations that include intrusive questions/comments. These kids can lift you up or slam you down to the ground. i.e. Jackson was laying on my lap the other day and I was wearing some shorts pajamas. I hadn't shaved in about a week (I've been married 7 1/2 years). Jackson started rubbing my legs and then asked why my legs were so "spikey". Needless to say I shaved that day. Good thing he still thinks I'm a princess. :)