Thursday, January 3, 2008

back at work

After a wonderful 2 week vacation, I was so excited to come back and see my students. I really did miss them! It's always unpredictable when you are working with kindergarteners, especially ones who are autistic.

Today was spaghetti day. A favorite of my students, a headache of the teachers. One of my students complained of a tummy ache. My aide ran to get a trash can. Right then, another student chimed in, "I don't think I'm feeling very well." Looking over, we see that he had already thrown up ALL OVER HIMSELF!" Yeah...I'm pretty sure he wasn't feeling well.

It's our first day back and already two kids got sent home with the flu. What a great way to start the new year.

2 comments:

Lemme said...

gotta love january!!

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Oh Bre! It's always either spaghetti or hot dogs at our house - and they are the NASTIEST to clean up. Why is it that when kids get sick, it's something always on something we feed them all the time? Why couldn't they be sick after eating grapefruit or something like that? Of course, if I served grapefruit all the time, one of my kids probably would!