Thursday, January 24, 2008

more basketball...

I got a new calling in church. I'm now the Service Co-Chair. (I Thought I'd be able to hide under the radar for a while in my new ward so I wouldn't have to go to ward council...no such luck)

We had a ward activity planned to go to the basketball game last night. We have 4 guys in our complex who live play for BYU (one of them being Jonathon Tavernari.) The activities committee thought it would be a really nice service for us to make posters to support our fellow ward member at the game.

So Tuesday night people came over to my place to make cool posters. Some of them were cool...some of them, not so much. My personal favorite was made by Summer which said

"Tavernari is no Calamari"

We wanted to make another one saying "JT is bringing sexy back" but decided against it.

Not only was the game AMAZING (yes, of course, we won), but we got on TV...twice. Maybe I'll take signs to games more often. (I could even make one saying "I'm available" and put a phone number on it...not mine....Rebecca P's. She would love that publicity, I just know it.)

2 comments:

Lemme said...

LOVE IT!!! It's really expensive to market yourself these days, but with your name and number on the sign, you're saving a lot of money! We need to hang out!

Anonymous said...

I think you should DEFINITELY put Pletch's number on a sign. She loves that kind of stuff!! :)