Friday, March 28, 2008

Another Day Another Dollar

I took my students bowling today, which is usually the highlight of the week. This day turned out to be especially unique, however, when my student came to school with a diarrhea accident. We changed him quickly enough to get him on the bus for the field trip. Now, I usually pride myself in being ultra prepared for field trips (I always take a bag with gloves, wipes, spare diaper, purell, band aids, bottle of water, camara, etc). However, I foolishly only brought one extra diaper. My student had yet another diarrhea accident while we were traveling to the bowling alley. We changed him AGAIN at the alley, only to have him go AGAIN! Obviously, this poor child is not feeling well. Not able to get a hold of his mother, I called his grandpa who doesn't speak English. My mind kicked in to foreign language mode, which wasn't exactly helpful considering the grandpa spoke Spanish and not Romanian.

Rachel and I spent 15 minutes calling all our friends, trying to find someone who could speak the language. (you think it'd be easy considering how many return missionaries there are around here.) After finally finding someone, we have him call the grandfather and explain that his grandson needs to be picked up asap.

Then, to make matters even more messy (and stinky), the poor little fella went again! huge blowout. Long story short, he went shirtless until his mom could come get him.

There's never a dull day with my job.

1 comment:

More Bacon said...

Holy cow. Suddenly, my rough day at work is not looking so rough...