Saturday, March 1, 2008

Crucial Conversations

We had stake enrichment today. Al Switzer came and talked to us about dealing with crucial conversations. Here are some lessons I learned:

It's ok to confront your roommates about doing the dishes. Good thing Ruth was there today, otherwise she'd have never seen this conversation coming...

Don't work in construction...the foremen can get a little physical. I don't want to get beat up.

It's important to learn how you react to crucial conversations so that you can improve your skills. If I had to guess how my some of my past students react, it'd be to attack. I should help improve their skills...maybe then they would stop biting me.

1 comment:

More Bacon said...

I didn't see biting specifically on his lists, so maybe it's an acceptable way to get your point across...