Monday, March 10, 2008

Best Job Ever

I've been contemplating my job. Really wondering...is it worth it? All the emotional and physical stress for so little pay? With the exception of this year (bless my sweet sweet students this year), every year I get bit, peed on, thrown up on, hit, kicked, hair pulled...you get the picture. Again I ask myself...why am I doing this? Is it really worth it?

Elder Zwick came to our stake conference. His son, who has a mental disability, bore his sweet simple testimony. Elder Zwick then asked the congregation, "How often are you in the presence of someone who is ready to meet their Savior at any given moment?"

I am in the presence of multiple people on a daily basis who are ready to meet their Savior at any time. I have the opportunity to teach 10 beautiful children with autism. And although I have the title of "Teacher" and they are the "Students," I have the sneaking suspicion that those roles really are reversed. I learn so much every day about what kind of person I want to be, how I should be treating others, patience, the necessity to service, and to not judge a book by it's cover.

Although my salary may be minimal, my job is priceless. Is it really worth it?

Absolutely yes.

2 comments:

Lemme said...

I SO needed to hear that right now! Thanks Bre!

nanabell said...

The title of the blog should be "Best Teacher Ever" You're the greatest!