Wednesday, October 22, 2008

CALIFORNIA knows how to party

Last weekend, my FIANCE and I went to California for my fall break. (Gotta love being a teacher!) It was so fun showing my fiance my neck of the woods. Thursday, we spent a day at the beach just reading and soaking in the sun and had In 'N Out for lunch. (Yes, right now you should be very jealous.) We watched the TCU game that night, which, needless to say, put me in a very bad mood for the rest of the night.
Friday , My FIANCE and I spent a day at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Yeah, that's when I realized how old I've gotten. I found that every ride gave me a massive headache/stomachache! When did I become such a scardy cat? But hey, the funnel cake is still as good as I remember.
Saturday, My FIANCE and I went to see Wicked at the Pantages. Although we didn't win the lottery and get front row seats, we were still pleased with the $45 tickets we got. Afterwards, we went and did a session at the LA temple with my parents. It was so beautiful and a perfect way to end the day.
On Sunday, we went to my family's ward, where I only recognized about 5% of the ward. I had my good old pal, Karissa and her husband over for dinner. It was so great catching up with her. She told me her tales as a high school special ed teacher and it made me LOVE my students and job all over again.
Such a great trip. The thing I loved the most was spending all day every day with my FIANCE. We always have such a great time together, whether it's losing to TCU or laying out at the beach. LOVE YOU, FIANCE! :)

1 comment:

Lemme said...

was so good to see you!! glad you had fun!! I forgot to ask...what's your FIANCEs last name?