Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Engagement Story!

Ok, so by popular demand, here's our engagement story! Poor Mark was trying to come up with some way to surprise me. Since we had pretty much our entire wedding planned and booked before the ring came in and since (I thought) I knew when the ring was going to be done, it was going to be pretty dang hard to make it a surprise.

The ring was suppose to be done today (Thursday), so I didn't think much of it when Mark asked me to dinner monday night. He emailed me that afternoon, saying he had a gift card for the Foundry Grill at Sundance that expired by October 1st. Since he was leaving Tuesday on a business, we had to use it Monday. He promised to have me back in time for my group FHE (I just got called to be the FHE Group Leader...ugh) Although it crossed my mind that it would be perfect to propose up in the canyon, I didn't think he would do it and get me back in time for FHE, plus the ring wasn't ready anyway!

So, we go to dinner at the yummy (and expensive) Foundry Grill. It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL in the canyon with all the fall colors, so I asked if he wanted to drive the Alpine Loop after dinner. (Little did I know that was his plan all along...I made it so easy on him!) As we were driving, he said he wanted to pull over and take a picture of the scenery. (Which didn't surprise me. He's always whipping out his camera. Like father, like son!) Well, we get out, he starts taking pictures, and all of a sudden, he drops to one knee! I was like, "NO WAY! NO WAY! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!" and he laughed and asked me to marry him. to which I said something to the affect of, "YEAH! YES! ALRIGHT! WU-HOO!"

It was beautiful and perfect, and yes, I was one of those suckers who actually believed the jewelers when they said that it would take "at least two weeks." Liars. they're all liars! but it was worth it!

4 comments:

Lemme said...

you're so funny...love it!

More Bacon said...

I would never have known that jewelers lied about stuff like that!

So exciting...YAY!!

Natalie said...

Yay yay yay! I am so happy for your guys. Way to go Mark! Only 2 months left till your big day... :)

The Sorensens said...

I could not be happier for you. YOU are so happy! I am so excited. Miss ya!