Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Haitian

This is my new friend, Roosevelt Richard. He is attending the BYU ELC and just moved to Provo from Haiti a couple months ago. (Hence, he has the nickname, "The Haitian."
We took this picture, but I told him he looked too much like a thug
so I made him smile for the next shot.
Much better, don't you think? He just set a date to be baptized last night. March 15th! I'm so excited! Remember how I love to travel? Now I really want to go to Haiti, but the good old USA doesn't think that's a great idea. Stupid "Political Unrest"

3 comments:

Lemme said...

That's awesome...makes me want to adopt a black baby even more...

Lindsey said...

A big "BOOOO!" for political unrest! Haiti would be an amazing trip! And yes, do be rigorous on the applications to date Bethany. And she should be equally rigorous with yours. You guys are too good to go to bozos. :)

Natalia said...

How exciting !!! i dont really know you but i found this website at Google... weird. Im going to the ELC this winter!!!!!! im from CHILE!!! this is my Email brandxx@gmail.com , bye ee!!!

xoxo