Thursday, December 27, 2007

Special Effects aren't really that special

Being a Southern Californian, I am blessed to be near a handful of amusement parks. Today my family and I were fortunate enough to go to Universal Studios. I'm tempted to lie and say it was a beautiful day just to make all my friends in Utah envious of me, but it wasn't. It was freezing.

Towards the end of the day, we were waiting in line for the special effects show. We were all tired of standing in line and I got so tired of moving forward in line, just to hear "Sorry, this show is full. The next show starts in 10 minutes." I noticed how everytime a show was about to start, they would ask for a female volunteer and she and her whole family got to cut in line and go in first.

Yes, it's true. I took a hit for the team, and I volunteered myself for the next show so my family and I could get in and get front row seats. I had to do a series of acts where I acted like a moron in front of complete strangers. It's amazing the idiotic things you do willingly when your cold.

Makes me wonder what I look/act like in Utah 5 months out of the year.

No comments: