Saturday, December 8, 2007

When the nightmare becomes a reality...

About a week ago, I wrote about how my aide took a day off of work due to head lice. Well, yesterday, I had the unfortunate event of sending one of my students home due to lice. (Yeah, that's an awkward phone call to make...) Yet again, we had to have the nurse come and check us all. I was cleared, but I decided to take every precaution this time. I went to the store and bought lice killing shampoo. It's not a very pleasant experience...You wash it with dry hair. Awkward. I had my co-teacher come over and do a more thorough check of my hair just to double check. Then she went home, washed her hair, and I checked for lice in her. It's a very delicate process. I'll be repeating the process in 7-10 days as the shampoo directions suggest. Better to be safe than sorry. Yeah, ew....I know it's gross.

2 comments:

The Special Reds said...

Well, I hope you don't get lice now! Hey, I need to call you about Julianna. I'll try calling this week. Now that she's officially 4, I'd like to get this potty training over with!

Pat and Anndalyn said...

Nasty! I don't think I'd be able to sleep wondering if lice wash jumping on or off of my pillow. I love your classroom stories!! I read Pat the one about you not being a Princess and we both laughed...so cute, so funny! Love you girl! We may need a three way call on all the Beth Boy gossip!!