Tuesday, June 10, 2008

When Life Gives You Lemons...

MAKE LEMONADE!!!!

After an AMAZING 7 day cruise in the caribbean (pictures/stories will be coming shortly!), Cherilyn and I embarked on our journey back to Utah on Sunday, only to have it come to an abrupt halt in the Chicago airport. Our connecting flight to SLC was canceled due to weather (which I found interesting, considering it was blue skies!) With no luggage and no hotel, Cherilyn and I decided to go play downtown. Here's a couple pictures of our adventures in Chicago!We found the cutest mailbox! There were beautiful flower boxes on both sides of it.
Cherilyn and I fell in love with the adorable homes that were in downtown Chicago. So much character!
We slept with about 1000 other people. The airport was kind enough to give us a cot, pillow, and blanket. They were also nice enough to give everyone a 4am wake up call...
which means we ended up sleeping on the floor by our gates.
My favorite part of the airport were the toilet seats. They had "sani seats" which I believe should be a requirement for every public restroom. It has seat covers already on the seats and it automatically rotates from a sensor. SO COOL huh!

I found the whole situation rather hilarious.


No comments: