Saturday, May 31, 2008

G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S

"We flyin first class up in the sky. We flyin first class livin the life"

Fergi couldn't have said it better herself. Today I flew to Miami via first class. My dad used his frequent flyer miles to fly me to florida for my cruise as a birthday gift. He surprised me by upgrading me to a first class seat. Now, first class has always been a mystery to me. What goes on up there that I don't know about? What am I missing out on? Well, today I found out. Flying coach will never be the same for me again.

1. BIG SEATS! Ahhh, nice comfy leather (pleather?) seats.
2. Our drinks were served in nice glassware (not those cheap plastic cups the rest of the plane gets)
3. They served us breakfast (omlette, biscuit, hashbrowns) and lunch (salmon and salad)!
Each meal was served individually with linens and silverware!
4. After lunch, they delivered a nice warm chewy chocolate chip cookie.
5. They really do bring hot towels around. Special thanks to Adam Sandler for his spectacular acting in wedding singer, otherwise I would have never known what to do with it! (and the towels are actually HOT, not warm, HOT!)
6. The flight attendants (FA) treat you like ROYALTY! Case in point, the FA dropped my neighbor's used hot towel in my lap and she was mortified. She kept apologizing. (I bet if I was in coach, she would have just laughed...) I told her it was no big deal...far worse things happen to me everyday in my line of work.
7. LEG ROOM! For the first time, I didn't have to dangle my feet into the aisle in order to make room for my legs. I was in pure awe.

There's many more amazing things about first class, but I'll just stop while I'm ahead.
Thanks, dad!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I can't think of anybody else who deserves to fly first class more after the last day of school. Way to go in style can't wait to here more about your trip and see pics.