Monday, April 14, 2008

in the mean time...

I received this quote from LDS Gems today:

"The most important single thing that any Latter-day Saint ever does in this world is to marry the right person, in the right place, by the right authority." - Bruce R. McConkie

While I do believe this is true, and I try to take my dad's advice of putting myself in places to meet people so I can accomplish this, I've come up with my own quote.

"The most important single thing that any Single Latter-day Saint ever does in this world is to live life to the fullest and not sit around and wait for the right person to come along." Bre Bell

Hence the reason I'm sitting in an airport traveling to Florida right now, and I'm going on a cruise in 6 weeks. Who knows, maybe I'll meet my prince charming there. It's all about putting myself out there, right dad? :)

1 comment:

Krista said...

I would like to add to your quote: "The most important single thing that any Single Latter-day Saint ever does in this world is to live life to the fullest and not sit around and wait for the right person to come along, *and do their personal best to become the right person." Bre Bell / *Krista

I just thing there is so much emphisis put on finding this perfect person that will make your life forever happy. That is so unrealistic. I have been married for about 6 months now, and one thing i have learned A LOT is i am as happy as i make myself, i am as miserable as i make myself. My husband does play a part, but if i expected him to be the right person all the time it wouldn't be fair to him.

I really liked your perspective!

ps-if you don't remember me. we lived in BDA at the same time...