Friday, May 2, 2008

My Hot Date!

My one and only nephew, Ryan, just turned 7 a couple weeks ago. For his gift, I gave him a card, which said I would take him and a friend out to dinner and a movie. When he read the card, he exclaimed, "Oh my gosh, I am freaking out right now, I am FREAKING OUT!" Apparently, it was a great gift.

So tonight was the night of the big date. He brought his friend, Brayden, along. We went to see "Nim's Island" and then went to Chili's afterwards for dinner. Here are some of my favorite quotes from the night.

Me: "I'm taking my class on a field trip to go fishing!"
Ryan: "That's....unusual..." (Not the response I was expecting to get)

Ryan: "My favorite part of the movie is when they were texting back and forth on the computer. (It's a movie about a girl and her adventures on a deserted island...there's one time that shows IMing...of course that was his favorite part...)

Ryan: "I like all my classmates but one. He's so rude. He farts a lot and doesn't say excuse me...and I have to sit next to him!"

Me: "So, Ry, did you have fun tonight."
Ryan: "Yes! I think this should become a family tradition."
Me: "Yeah, except next time, you're paying."

Ry, you are one of the best dates ever! Love ya, kiddo!

1 comment:

More Bacon said...

Nephews are the greatest!