Sunday, May 25, 2008

what a weekend!

This has been such a FUN weekend. Everything was spontaneous and random!

Friday night: my friend, Matt, called and invited me to dinner. We went to Old Spaghetti Factory (after realizing there was 1 1/2 hour wait at tucanos.) Then rented Kite Runner. Good, but deep, movie.

Saturday: Wonderful workout at the gym. Then my friend, Cassie, invited me to go up to the Gateway to go shopping. Then we met up with more friends and ate way too much chips and salsa and went to see Indiana Jones. Any movie with Shia is amazing in my eyes.

Sunday: Sat through a meeting for an hour with a member of the bishopric and two other girls. He proceeded to tell us how we are his favorites and if he were younger, he'd propose to us in a second. (Awkward!) The Haitian received his patriarchal blessing. I was honored that he asked me to take him and sit in and listen to his blessing. I feel so blessed to be a part of his life, watching him continue to grow in the gospel. He's such an amazing example to me!

Tomorrow: NO SCHOOL! As much as I LOVE and ADORE my class, I could always go for a long weekend.

Weekends like this just make me smile. It's the simple things in life and the dear friendship I make that I absolutely cherish.

oh, and five more days till I cruise the caribbean. Pretty sure life doesn't get any better than this.

1 comment:

More Bacon said...

That is a SWEET weekend. I can't wait to hear all about your exciting cruise!